Saturday, April 28, 2007

Day 7

On a Saturday, with the kids home, I thought we should all do something as a family. 6-year-old K had plenty of fun all day, with T-ball in the morning and a birthday party in the afternoon, but we ended up having dinner fairly early (K ate at his party and the rest of us ate while he was gone), so I suggested we all go to the park I'd been walking to. We drove, because of the baby, and not being sure when we'd have to leave.

After the kids had some crazy fun on the playground, I suggested we walk around the park, cross the bridge, etc. As we started to do so, we ran across a girl R knew from 1st grade and a previous swim class, who was there with her mom and baby sister. M and I ended up spending a while talking to her mom... we hardly know her, but for some reason we've run into her several times in various places, and it turns out we had even more in common. For instance, she also has 2 older kids and a baby, and she's a technical writer, as I used to be, currently works for a consulting firm M almost went to work for a couple of years ago, and is working on site at a company M did work at in the past. She said she'd keep an eye out for job leads for him, so that's good!

While we were talking to her, the kids were running around, climbing a tree, kicking a little soccer ball, etc., so they got plenty of exercise while we were just chatting. After that, we all walked around the soccer field and then back to the play area for just a few minutes, but I didn't really get my regular walk in. I chased a soccer ball with K a few times, and strolled a bit, so I wasn't completely inactive, but it wasn't like a 20-minute walk, either. The kids really wanted to walk back home with me instead of riding in the car, and I would have loved to, but the baby was fussy so I had to get home to feed him. Maybe some other time!

No comments: