Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Day 1

The goals of my No Potato Project are pretty amorphous. I am not dieting. Weight loss would be welcome, but it's not the point. I don't even have a specific fitness goal. Basically, I just want to try an experiment--50 days of enough activity that I can no longer consider myself a couch potato. I want to kick off a more active lifestyle, and even a slight increase is okay by me. I doubt I'll ever have an active lifestyle by other people's standards, but I want to stop being sedentary and easily winded. Sometimes, even when I weighed less than I do now, I have suspected I was no healthier than the average person weighing twice as much or more.

So today, I kicked it off lightly. I walked a couple of blocks with my husband, M, and our baby, B (otherwise known as Googy), in his stroller. We didn't have much time to walk, but at least we got moving.

No comments: